Katie Prior's Image - The Cobb
Katie Prior’s Image – The Cobb

When I saw Katie’s image it reminded me of my travels, though typically I visit a much warmer location.  However, I always enjoy pictures of the ocean as it breaks against a pier.  I did my typical small changes to the image in Lightroom where the image was cropped, exposure was edited slightly, vibrance was popped up quite a bit along with the blue and aqua in luminance and saturation.  Then the image was brought into Photoshop where mostly I just did a few burns against the mountain area along the water line and then did a new change for me where on a new layer, I used the color replacement tool and picked a light blue to adjust the skyline from gray to more of a blue-gray.  Thanks, Katie for the lovely image and to Stacy for keeping the ball rolling.

Visual Venturing Katie’s Image

Robin-Kent-One-Photo-Focus-July
Robin Kent Image edited by KChengelis – KCinAZ
Original Robin Kent Image
Original Robin Kent Image

I didn’t do a great deal of editing to Robin’s already great image. In Lightroom, the image was sharpened and a few changes made to exposure. I tried to bring down the yellow cast in the building and did so a bit. Mostly I cropped the image and removed the people from the foreground grassy area. In Photoshop the blue in the sky was increased using a mask so that the building and grass were not changed. Also, the burn tool was used to deepen the color of the grassy area.

To check out all the other versions, visit Stacy’s One Photo Focus.

Loré Dombaj Image Edited by KCinAZ for One Photo Focus
Loré Dombaj Image Edited by KCinAZ for One Photo Focus

Thank you Loré Dombaj for sending us such a nice picture for One Photo Focus.  Stop over at Snow’s Fissures and Fractures to see more from Loré.

I attempted to change the image to Black & White and then re-colorize the flower-pot plants but still don’t have enough knowledge in Lightroom to do that. Probably should have brought it into Photoshop and done that there.

Like most others I was in a time constraint and probably rushed too quickly.  Mainly I cropped the photo so that the boy’s eyes were at the bottom third line level from rule of thirds.  I concentrated mostly on lighting to bring the areas of the image up a bit but not wash out the boys forearm.  I applied a few exposure changes plus white & black adjustments, added a beautiful sunlight 2 preset and finally a subtle vignette.  The original image submitted by Loré Dombaj follows.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Loré Dombaj Original Image

 

Check out here for other versions on Visual Venturing.

ManalCitySm

Thanks Manal Ali for providing such a wonderful challenge. I’m not sure about the rest but this one was another big learning experience and made me put my mind to work. I played around with the image several times and never was satisfied with what I was doing. There are several copies in my LR where I cropped away at the left side and then worked with the various light settings. The third time around I found Lens correction and thought how have I missed this for so long. What an amazing tool. Every setting was used first in Lens correction until I felt like was seeing the setting as Manal originally viewed it. Then with a much better perspective was able to continue on the this final result. In PS I attempted to change the color of the sky and used the copyright as a store signage. Fun project and a challenge, at least for me. Thanks Manal for making me think. I’m still not sure if I’m satisfied with the end result and look forward to seeing post processing from everyone else.

To see all the other interpretations, compilations and post processing for One Photo Focus Week 35, visit HERE.

Emilio Pasquale's image edited by KCinAZ
Emilio Pasquale’s image edited by KCinAZ

 

Thanks Emilio for sharing with us such a fantastic image of vintage trucks for us to work on.  I just bought a new book, my first on Lightroom and actually read through it as I edited the picture.  Mostly in Lightroom I stepped through the right-side panels and tried out a few different settings which enhance the color, hue and saturation plus a few others.  Hopefully not overdone.  Next, the image was cropped and straightened a slight bit.  In Photoshop I used the band-aid to remove the rope/hose from the right side and to take a few spots out of the yellow truck window.  Lastly, in Photoshop the patch tool was used to remove a couple of rocks and the piece of wood.  This was a fun learning image for me and can’t wait to see how everyone else approached it.  Thanks, Stacy, for all your hard work to get this off the ground.  I really enjoyed working on Emilio’s image.  Stop by Emilio’s site to see more of what he has done. I owe him a big thanks.  I’m actually going to use my rendition at our cabin called IronWorks.

There were many different renditions of the image.  Stop by Stacy’s Visual Venturing and take a peak.

Emilio-Pasquale-Full-size-JPEG