The original picture was taken at the Cabin Called Ironworks in the early morning just after a light overnight rain. This rain was more pleasant that the previous downpours we had been experiencing in and around Prescott, Arizona. I loved how the drops lingered on the edge of the pine branches and formed minute globes of reflective light.
These two images have been submitted to Visual Venturing ABFriday – Week 18 and will be live on 9/18/2014. I’ve continued to explore post processing in Lightroom using tips from several Blogs in WordPress. One tip came from M.Funk Photography’s Blog in a tutorial video on “Retouch an Underexposed Sunrise”. He suggested making sure to balance luminance and sharpening so that they equal 100 along with several other tips. I was equally impressed with PhotographybyKent from AfterBefore Friday – Week 17 where not only was the final image stunning, but the visual tips that Kent provided were great. You will see that using these two examples, I did create quite an exploration with this image of raindrops by the lengthy history that I copied from Lightroom. Each week I learn more and more from the AfterBefore Friday post in the Visual Venturing Forum.
The post processing began in Lightroom with several changes in exposure overall with a final result of -1.61 , changes in highlights with an end result of +7, Shadows were played with several times and ended at +79, Black Clipping was played with several times ended up after several +/- to a final of 45, White Clipping was modified several times and ended at +48, Clarity was increased by +38, Vibrance was increased by +29, Saturation by +24, Sharpening +75, Edge Masking +32, Luminance Detail +37, Luminance Smoothing +25, Temperature went up and down ending at +5, Tint +5, Contrast increased by +36. The image was cropped to remove the ultra-white sky from the far right side to aid in getting a final proper exposure/white clipping. Then a preset Vignette 2 was added. Overall I played and maybe overplayed with the image. Not really knowing what you’re doing takes a lot longer but overall I’m pleased with the end result. Very little was done using Photoshop other than adding the copyright, setting the web size and uploading.