This picture was taken with an iPhone as Gus and I were exploring the area between Galveston and Houston TX and I decided to submit the Before and After to Stacy at Visual Venturing for her ABFriday Week 6 Forum. We wanted to create a picture of an industrial sort to put in a special frame at our cabin. I’ve been working on this in my spare time since the trip which was in May of 2013. Here is what’s been done to the picture from what I remember. I’ve posted an earlier work in progress in Feb 2014 but not shown a before and after. This version has had much more work done on it. It is almost finished and then will be ready to print. It is going into a custom frame that was created from the rear window of an vintage early model car. The final frame size is 24″x48″ and Gus has it already hanging up in the cabin as a constant reminder for me to finish the picture. Here is the works that has been done from what I recall.
1.Duplicate the image and flip it so that it becomes much wider.
2.Remove the electrical lines in the center as they were no longer in perspective.
3.Change to sepia and bumped up browns.
4.Create a dark cloudy background. This caused a lot of work because of pixilation. Here is where the time-consuming work was done to remove any remaining pixilation between the original image and the background.
5.Turn on the lights everywhere in the new image. If I remember right first I used the small brush to color with yellow, then another star small brush tool to create illusion of flickering.
6.Used the burn tool to deepen some of the shadows on the structures.
Thanks, Stacy for including my work in your forum.